It has been one rainy weekend.
We ventured out into the rain yesterday, but today we decided to stay at home. And on days like today, there’s nothing better than a big bowl of soup, a blanket, and a good movie.
- 4-6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, baked with skin (you can remove the skin after baking if you want a super creamy soup)
- 2 heaping tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (omit if you don’t like things too spicy!)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- A sprinkle of cinnamon – about 3 shakes of the bottle
- Chopped cilantro (garnish)
- Chopped peanuts (garnish)
- Salt to taste
- Steam and saute the onions and garlic, adding stock as needed to prevent sticking. Meanwhile, bake the sweet potatoes in the microwave or the oven.
- Place sweet potatoes, garlic, onions, spices into the pot. Add 4 cups vegetable broth and simmer for a few minutes, until all of the ingredients are tender.
- Puree with a hand blender until smooth, adding more broth to achieve desired consistency.
- Once the soup is pureed, bring it to a simmer to warm it through. Top each bowl with cilantro and chopped peanuts. Enjoy!