I went to my recipe collection and realized I didn’t have one. So I thought it might be a good time to create a delicious and healthy blueberry muffin. A few things I want to note here. I am using two new ingredients that I don’t
use very often, and I have to say I am very pleased with how these muffins turned out.
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp unrefined coconut palm sugar or 1 tbsp raw honey (your choice)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen organic wild blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl mix together, coconut flour, tapioca flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a larger bowl whisk together eggs, coconut oil, unsweetened applesauce, coconut palm sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in wild blueberries.
- Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into muffin pan, filling each muffin almost to the top.
- Bake for 23 minutes or until lightly browned.