These days I’m in the mood for recipes that are super fast to make, but are still light and delicious.
- 1 tbsp organic canola oil
- 1.5 cups chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 28 oz can chopped unsalted san marzano tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1 cup vegetable stock (depending on how thick you like your soups)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- optional: fresh parsley, shaved parmesan cheese, and black pepper for garnish
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp canola oil, add 1.5 cups chopped red onion, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 3/8 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp hot smoked paprika to the pan, cook 8 minutes, stirring. Increase heat to medium high.
- Add 4 minced garlic cloves, saute 1 min.
- Add 28 oz can chopped unsalted san marzano tomatoes, undrained, and 1/2 cup vegetable stock (add more if you want a thinner soup). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 15 min.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1/4 cup whole milk.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to the consistency you like. Optional: top with fresh parsley, shaved parmesan cheese, and black pepper.