Don’t believe me? You will after you make this recipe
So how is it that I turned this:
With a little bit of creativity, and one special ingredient.
Here is my recipe for Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal. I promise, you will love it. It has become a regular staple in my breakfast rotation.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats cooked with 1.5 cups of water
- 1 tsp raw, unsweetened cocoa powder (you can find this just about anywhere, I used cocoa powder from Trader Joe’s in this recipe,
but I have since found even better raw cocoa powder at Whole Foods that is just delicious)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup 1% organic milk
- 1 Tbsp walnuts
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- Honey, Agave, Maple Syrup, or Stevia to taste (I use about 1.5 tsp of honey)
- Cook the oats with 1.5 cups of water until the oats are fluffy and all the water has disappeared
(I do this by cooking it for 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring, and cooking it for 2 more minutes.)
- Add the cocoa powder and cinnamon to the cooked oats while they are still hot.
- Stir until everything is fully combined, and your oats have a deep chocolatey color.
- Add the walnuts, and the milk (you can add as much milk as you like – I use about 1/2 a cup to
give the oats a nice creamy consistency)
- Add the honey/agave/stevia/maple syrup, and stir to combine until the oats have the consistency you like.