I had about 20 minutes for breakfast today!
So, I decided to try to recreate the “essence” of banana bread using one of my morning breakfast staples : oatmeal.
I have to say, it turned out to be AMAZING. It totally tasted just like banana bread!
- 1/2 cup Whole rolled oats (although I like to use the multi grain oats from Trader Joe’s because it has oats, barley, rye and wheat – and has a great nutty flavor!)
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 4-5 walnuts chopped
- Unsweetened almond breeze (use up to 1 cup)
- Organic soy milk (use up to 1/3 cup)
- Ground cinnamon
- Honey – or your natural sweetener of choice. I use about 1-2 tsp max.
- Cook the oats according to package directions (I cooked mine in the microwave with 1 & 1/4 cup water).
- The thing I love about the multi-grain oats is that they cook just like regular oatmeal but have a nice variety of grains.
- Top with bananas, walnuts, cinnamon and stevia and stir to combine
- Pour the almond milk & soy milk over the oats until they have reached the consistency you want (for thicker oats, use less milk)
- Stir to combine.